Les Frenes, St John

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Les Frenes, St John


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

Les Frenes

Other names

  • Southview
  • Les Frenes Cottage


Rue Militaire, St John

Type of property

18th century country house


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

  • Pike: Cecilia May Pike, née Le Breton (1898- ) was living here in 1941
  • Barry: Etcher and oil painter Sir Francis Barry, whose will was registered in 1971, lived here before moving to Kent

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Mid-18th century house retaining historical character and original stonework features, contributing to the rural streetscape character. Farm previously known as Southview. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Three-bay, two-storey house with single-storey south wing.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs