Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
- La Croutelle
- Bay Tree Cottage
- La Rueberie
Rue du Carrefour, Trinity
Type of property
Farmhouse with possible 16th century origins. The outbuildings have been developed and the property now consists of seven residential units
- 1 Haute Vue, Bay Tree Cottage, was sold for £399,000 in 2006; £585,000 in 2011 and £605,000 in 2012
- 6 Haute Vue, La Croutelle was sold for £585,000 in 2007; £575,000 in 2011
- 3 Haute Vue was sold for £990,000 in 2009
- 7 Haute Vue was sold for £650,000 in 2011
- 4 Haute Vue, La Rueberie, was sold for £597,000 in 2010
Families associated with the property
- De Gruchy: On Godfray map. Thomas de Gruchy (1789-1859) was shown in the 1841 and 1851 censuses as living here. He was both Farmer and Blacksmith, from which we gather there was, on the site, a forge. His wife was Susanne Picot. Their eldest son, also named Thomas (1812- ), inherited Haute Vue on his father`s death in 1859 and followed in his father`s occupations. Furthermore, he also married a Picot, although her name was Marguerite. In 1866, the property was sold to Joseph Cabot
- Cabot: Joseph Cabot bought Haute Vue and its forge in 1866
Historic Environment Record entry
A farmhouse possibly dating to 16th or 17th century and retaining some original historic features, including an early arched doorway. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. The crosses on both chamfer stops suggest a pre-Reformation date.
May relate to a nearby field called Clos de la Chapelle, which suggests a chapel may have stood there. 
The front elevation has been altered, the roof raised and the windows enlarged so it is hard to determine the exact age of the house, but thought to be early 16th century origins. Five-bay, two-storey house (now called 3 Haute Vue).
Uprights on ground and first floor windows indicate where the windows have been heightened and lowered. Chamfered stone arch doorway at centre, with rare example of crosses on both chamfer stops. Retains 18th century fireplaces and oak beams.
Old Jersey Houses
A brief entry in Volume 1 refers to the 'chapelle' field and notes that the facade has been altered.
Notes and references
- ↑ The Chapelle de St Cosme is known to have been in this vicinity: Stevens, Arthur and Stevens, in Jersey Place Names, 11, 3D 3