Maupertuis Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

Maupertuis Farm, St Mary


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through


Property name

Maupertuis Farm

Other names


Grande Rue, St Mary

Type of property

18th century farm, rebuilt in the 1970s. Although some original stone was used, nothing remains of the historic structure


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

  • Pearce: Mabel Annie Pearce was living here when her will was registered in 1973


Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Farm group of 18th century origins. Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Almost the entire building was demolished with the exception of the original granite walls and rebuilt. Work stated in August 1970 and finished in 1972. Two-storey, three-bay house with original fa├žade; farm buildings built around an inner courtyard on three sides, open to the south. Within the courtyard, the main external walls of the house are solid granite, some of which is original, but most at the first floor level is new. New roof.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs